Thank you for your interest in Community Supported Agriculture at Kirby’s! After a great first season in 2011, and an even better second season in 2012, we’re looking forward to 2013. It’s wonderful to see how our CSA is helping us make better connections with our neighbors.
Every year in early Spring we hold an Informational Meeting for prospective and returning members, to discuss the upcoming season. Check our blog or facebook page for more information – we’ll be posting dates soon!
Hearing feedback from our CSA members is an essential part of the process and we will continue to use your input to make decisions. Email us with questions and comments: email@example.com or call (585)637-2600. Thanks!
Share Pricing for the 2013 Season
Please note that a 3% fee is added if you choose to pay by credit card, to offset our processing fees. You can sign up online and pay by check with no additional fee – your account will be activated when the check is received. Thanks!
Kirby’s 2013 CSA Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I sign up?
- We are now accepting online purchases! Click here to sign up.
- Register by our early signup deadline of April 1st and receive a thank you bonus! This year you can choose any of our six pack annuals; flowers, herbs, or vegetable plants.
- Our regular sign up deadline is May 1st. All memberships taken after that point pay a $20 late processing fee.
- How many shares are available?
- 300 shares are available for 2013. (75 share for both Tuesday and 75 shares for Saturday pickup at the market, plus 150 shares for our drop-off locations.) We started slow with under 50 members in our first year, and grew to about 170 in our second season. Every year we’re making our CSA better and better!
- How much will I receive each week?
- A half share is generally enough produce for 2-3 people, while a full share is usually enough for 4-5 people. How quickly you go through your share depends a lot on how much you cook at home. One of the benefits of a CSA share is the motivation it gives you to eat more fruits and veggies, make more of your own food and just be healthier. Spring shares will be lighter with crops like peas, strawberries, and spinach. Later in the season, shares will be much heavier (up to ten pounds heavier!!) with apples, peaches, squashes, corn, cabbage, etc.
<< These photos illustrate the difference between a half and full share packed in November. Click for a larger image. The full share received twice as many apples and broccoli in addition to winter squash and cauliflower.
- What do I get in my share?
- Throughout the growing season, we include a variety of crops each week (6-12 different seasonal fruits and vegetables weekly). Most staple items including corn, squash, tomatoes, apples and peppers, will be included in weekly pick-ups, while some crops may only be included once or twice. Please click here to see examples.
- Where do I pick up my share?
- Our main pickup location is Kirby’s Farm Market. When filling out your membership application, you may chose either Tuesdays or Saturdays, and your share will be available at that time throughout the season. Pickup times are 1pm – 7pm both days.
- Other pickup locations can be found in Albion, Spencerport, and Rochester. If you would like to participate in one of these locations, please send us an email and we’ll match you up with the most convenient place for you.
- What will my share be packed in?
- We use a sturdy, collapsible, plastic, container that is sterilized and reused each week.
- What if I forget to pick up my share or I’m on vacation?
- You can switch pickup days for the week, as long as you give us at least seven days notice.
- You can arrange with someone (friend or relative) to pick up your box anytime you are on vacation.
- We do not offer credits for weeks missed.
- How do you communicate with CSA members?
- Email is the most efficient way for us to communicate with members. Please make sure we always have a current email address for you. If you have any problems or questions during the season, you can always contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (585) 637-2600. Resolving issues and keeping you informed is on the top of our priority list.
- Is it required that I work on the farm?
- How long is the season?
- Currently you can choose from a regular season of 26 weeks that goes until the end of November, or a shorter season of 22 weeks that goes to the end of October. All of our seasons begin on the first week of June.
- Can I split a share?
- We do not offer “split shares”. However we DO offer HALF Shares – good for a household of 2-3. Several of our members split their shares with friends or family (whether half or full shares), but it’s up to you to make those arrangements.
- What if I get something that I don’t want/like in my share?
- Each week the share contains items that are pre-determined by the farmer. Some of them might be new to you and we hope you’ll see this as an opportunity to enjoy something new! If there is an item you won’t eat, please consider donating it or giving it to a friend. If you know you can’t find a home for it, our market pickup location has a swap table full of whatever produce that is most plentiful at that time. It’s probably in your box, but this way you can leave the eggplant behind and take more butternut, if eggplant is banned from your kitchen.
- How do I use the new items I’ve never bought or cooked before?
- As new produce shows up in your share throughout the season, we provide you with information on the best way to store it, a recipe or two, and maybe some nutritional and historical information.
- Share your favorite recipes with us and we will post them for other CSA members to see.
- There are great recipes online at www.epicurious.com, www.tastespotting.com, and www.allrecipes.com. Periodically we post links to blogs or websites on our facebook page or in our own blog posts that feature produce in season. If you have a specific question you can always email us and we’ll do our best to help you out.
Did we miss anything? You know what to do: email@example.com or (585)637-2600.