from the Kitchen of Jaime Brennan
- 1 small onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, baked until soft and scooped out of the skin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
1. In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add a glug of olive oil.
2. Add the onions and garlic andcook, stirring every so often until they are translucent.
3. Pour in the water or broth and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the squash and stir, mashing the squash a bit to combine it with the broth.
4. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add spices and puree until smooth.
5. Return to the pot and add coconut milk, stirring to combine. Bring the soup back to a simmer for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.