recipe from Ken Steward
For anyone that has suffered through a plate of mushy, boiled or steamed broccoli, this dish will be a real treat. A little crisp on the edges, with a rich and earthy flavor, you’ll eat the whole tray if you aren’t careful!
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, or any oil you like
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the florets in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Pour oil into small bowl and dip a pastry brush into the oil and then onto each floret to coat lightly.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Roast for 15-18 minutes, or until broccoli tips have begun to blacken and they can be easily pierced with a fork.