ONE POT PASTA WITH BROCCOLI LEAF
- 1/2 pound pasta (penne, gemeli, macaroni, or other fun shape)
- 1 bunch Broccoli Leaf (about ten leaves), stemmed and sliced thin
- 2 Garlic Scapes, chopped, or 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 Tbsps butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Half way through the cook time (about seven minutes left) toss in the sliced leaves and scapes or garlic. Stir occasionally. When pasta is done, remove from heat and drain.
- Return pasta, scapes, and greens to the pot. Mash up the garlic cloves, if used, and return to pot. Add butter, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and grated Parmesan. Toss to combine evenly.
- Serve with lemon wedges and more freshly grated Parmesan.
Optional, as pictured: Warm 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pan, add 1 clove minced garlic and cook for a minute on medium heat. Add one large head of broccoli, cut into small florets and continue cooking over medium heat until broccoli is crisp tender. Sprinkle liberally with salt, and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Toss with the finished recipe above and serve with lemon wedges and more freshly grated Parmesan.